Don Carvajal Café is a locally based and quality focused specialty coffee roaster. Our coffee is only as good as our team and we hope that you can be a part of our continued success.
We're currently looking for energetic and motivated individuals to fill our Market Vendor positions.
DON CARVAJAL CAFE, LLC
1231 Lafayette Ave 2nd Floor
Bronx, New York
+1 (718) 928-3002
Farmer’s Market Employee – Job Description and Manual
Duties – Sales Team Member for Farmers Markets in Westchester County and New York City area from May through late December
Valid driver’s license if you wish to help drive to or from market
- Able to lift 50 lbs. (crates with bagged coffee, cold brew, etc.)
- Able to work with customers - small talk, answer questions & SMILE!
- Able to handle money and make change, use digital iPad
- Some common knowledge about coffee & at least the interest to learn
- Drive Minivan one or both ways to market site or meet the market staff at the market.
- Help set up a stand with tents, crates of coffee, cold brew, display stands, signs, etc.
- Help with sales, help customers, grind coffee, and collect money from customers.
- Serving samples of coffee and making them available for customers.
- Restocking display crates as soon as possible. You can’t sell something that is not made readily available to the customer.
- Help take apart displays, load coffee and crates into Minivan, take down tents and pack up Minivan.
- After returning to the Hunts Point coffee shop, you will need to help unload the empty crates, boxes, etc., and put these items away in their designated location. Replace any needed supplies before parking Minivan.
- The Minivan leaves from Hunts Point between 1 ½ hours prior to the opening time of the market, and you may need to arrive 15 minutes earlier to help load a few things onto the Minivan. Hector will assign you a time to meet in Hunts Point or at the market for the start of the workday when you agree to attend a certain market. The majority of the coffee and supplies are loaded the afternoon before market. If departure time is changed, you will be notified the night before. Minivans typically arrive in Hunts Point around 1 ½ to 3 hours after the closing time of the market.
Market Schedule –
Riverdale Y Sunday Market – Sunday – 8:00 am to 3:00 pm (Opens April 11th)
Chappaqua Farmers Market – Saturday – 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Opens May 8th)
New York Botanical Garden – Wednesday – 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Opens May 19th)
JBOLC Bronx – Saturday – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Opens May 15th)
Hastings Farmers Market – Saturday – 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Opens May 22nd)
Ridge Hill Market – Friday – 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Opens June 4th)
Irvington Farmers Market – Sunday - 8:00 am to 2:00 pm (Opens June 6th)
Sampling: You are encouraged to sample each new item that comes into the market during the season so you can describe it to the customers.
Displays: Attractive displays are very important to sales. Coffee bags and cold brews should be constantly sorted through during the day. Remember to handle coffee bags and cold brews very carefully to prevent damage to the product. Keep displays full at all times. No one wants to buy the “last one”. Our reputation is built on fresh and high-quality coffee.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.